Protect Your Investment
Making your statement in a BIG and memorable way is the foundation of a successful branding and marketing effort. A popular choice for making just such a statement has always been vinyl banners, making them a staple in the marketing world.
PrintBig knows you will find your banners to be one of the best investments you’ve made in the branding of your company or event. That being said, we wanted to offer you some tips to keep your vinyl banner working as hard as you do!
Taking a few steps to keep your signage as clean as the day you first used it will keep your message looking sharp. Depending on where and how you use the banner, cleaning may be periodic or frequent. In either case, always use a soft cloth, water and warm water to wash away dirt and grime. Dry the banner another soft dry cloth.
When your banner isn’t dressing up your space, you want to make sure you store it correctly to extend its useful lifespan.
- Never fold your banner – it will leave creases.
- Roll your banner whenever possible, for single sided banners, roll with the image facing in.
- Store in a cool, dry place, avoid direct sun and any prolonged exposure to heat.
- Store them upright whenever possible.
Even when the every possible precaution has been taken, a banner will sometimes become creased. There are a few options to remove these.
- Hang the banner before you’re ready to display it, the pull of gravity may do the work for you.
- If you don’t’ have the time for this method, or it doesn’t fully do the job, try heating the non-printed surface of the banner with a hair dryer and laying it on a flat surface.
- Last but not least, dampen a soft towel and place it over the backside of the crease. Use a warm iron to ‘steam’ the crease.
Do you have any questions about caring for your banner? If we’ve missed anything, please contact us! We are happy to help in any way we Can!